“It’s not the load that gets you down, it’s how you carry it.“ - Lena Horne
BABY BOOMERS and SENIORS
Whether you are 50 or 85, addressing the signs and symptoms of aging can increase the quality of your life. By learning how to move better, you can maintain or improve function, and decrease pain.
Do any of these situations speak to you?
- Occasional aches and pains have become more persistent?
- Shortness of breath going up stairs?
- Notice less confidence in your balance (e.g., on steps and curbs or slippery surfaces)?
- Your spouse often reminds you to ‘straighten up?’
- You don’t recognize your reflection…(just joking!)
- Lessened participation in recreational activities or sports due to fatigue or discomforts?
- Stiffness that interrupts sleep or is present upon awakening?
As we age, we are often challenged by aches and pains; we feel less flexible and we may lack confidence in our balance and strength. We see many seniors dealing with spinal stenosis, sciatica, Parkinson’s disease, stroke challenges, arthritis, and other conditions. At HealthMoves, we will address your history and current issues step by step. Hour long sessions allow us enough time to listen to your story, identify your learning style, and prioritize your needs without rushing. Gentle, interesting movement lessons will be tailored to enhance flexibility and balance, and to accomplish our mutually agreed upon goals.
How we support seniors at HealthMoves
- Individualized lessons that will be challenging, but never overwhelming.
- Support for your home program.
- Encouragement and strategies to “Do a little, often” to minimize the risk of overdoing.
- Guidance to make daily progress by emphasizing intelligent and gentle use of yourself.
- An understanding of how to become stronger and more supple without stress or strain.